Yeah, this theme being included was entirely the fault of the Rick and Morty episode “Something Ricked This Way Comes”, where Pluto is imploding because the core is running out of plutonium.
The game is a shameless knock off of that idea, and will look something like this:
Plutonians living in the bowels of the planet are the last to evacuate as the plutonium core becomes dangerously unstable (the surface dwellers have already left via launch pads in cities spaced around the planet).
- Plutonians are lifted up to the surface in groups, at multiple locations around the planet, at different times (increasing in frequency as the game goes on)
- The player moves groups around the surface, trying to get them to the cities. The control scheme for this is undecided, but the player can only move one group at a time
- When the group reaches a city they are no longer vulnerable (they leave Pluto in a rocket)
- Periodically, lasers shoot from the spikes in the core, frying any plutonians caught in the beam
- The spike glows for a small amount of time before firing, and the laser beam lasts a second or two before depleting
- The game is infinite and score is based on the number of plutonians saved
- You lose either when a group dies or after a certain number are lost, we’ll decide as we go
- The core rotates
- Pluto shrinks over time
- Earthquakes destroy cities
- City building/repair
- Anything you can think of?
See you at the end of the week! (well, on Monday, this post was a bit late, no excuses etc etc :] )
Adam & Andy